Transcript - How we manage complaints

If you are not happy with the Queensland Public Trustee, you can make a complaint.

Your complaint might be about something we have done to you, something we have not done. For example, if we have forgotten to do something, our service staff or a decision we made.

You can make a complaint, or you can ask a person you trust, like a family member, friend, or support worker to make a complaint for you.

If you tell us you are not happy, we will try to help you straight away, check what the problem is and what we can do better.

What you tell us is confidential. This means we will not tell other people unless you say yes, or unless the law says we must.

When you make a complaint, we will contact you within three work days to say that we got your complaint and how much time we will need to give you an answer. Usually, we need 30 work days.

To make a complaint, you can contact your officer, call our complaints team, use the online form, email, or write a letter to us.

Our staff can help you make a complaint. If you need help with English, we can find an interpreter for you.

If you are not happy with your answer, you can ask us for an internal review, which means another staff member will check if you've got the best possible answer. The internal review is free.

Other people who can help you are the Queensland Ombudsman. The Ombudsman helps people with complaints for free. You can contact the Ombudsman if you are not happy with our answer.

You can do this by calling, visiting their website, or writing a letter to them.

The Customer Advocate. The Customer Advocate checks that our service is fair. You can contact them by emailing or visiting their website.

Human Rights Commission. The Human Rights Commission can help people get their rights. You can contact the commission if you think we act against your rights, or if you have made a complaint and had no answer from us after 45 workdays. You can call them or visit their website.


Last published: 1/01/2024 11:56:07 PM