To share your compliments with us, so we know what we are doing well please:
Phone 1300 360 044 or email MarComs@pt.qld.gov.au
Resolution of complaints
The Public Trustee is committed to ensuring that the services provided to the people of Queensland are relevant and that our clients are satisfied with that service.
The Public Trustee places a high value on feedback from clients and has a formal policy for dealing with concerns and complaints – see our complaint management policy (PDF, 160 KB).
A primary objective of our Complaint Management Policy is to have any concerns or complaints of clients resolved at the place where the service was delivered to the client.
How to provide feedback
- In the first instance, you should contact the officer you have been dealing with. That officer will attempt to resolve your concerns or complaint.
- If you are dissatisfied with the response from the officer, you should contact the regional manager or the manager of that business unit.
- You are encouraged to play an active part in the resolution of your concerns or complaint, by providing as much relevant information as possible to enable us to find a solution to the issue in question.
- If you are dissatisfied with the response of the regional manager or manager of the business unit, you have a range of options to have your concern or complaint reconsidered:
- phone 1800 014 536 Monday to Friday 8:15am – 5pm
- email your complaint to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- complete our online complaints form or
- write to The Public Trustee:
GPO Box 1449
Brisbane Q 4001 or
What can you do if your issue is not resolved
The Ombudsman investigates complaints about the actions and decisions of Queensland public agencies and their staff that may be unlawful, unreasonable, unfair, improperly discriminatory or otherwise wrong.
If your complaint is not resolved by communicating with the The Public Trustee, you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman:
GPO Box 3314
Brisbane QLD 4001
Other ways to give us feedback
The Public Trustee has a brochure outlining the steps for resolving concerns. This brochure is available at our offices, or by phoning 1300 360 044, or you can download the brochure from our publications area.
Please read our privacy statement.